Sunday, March 20, 2011

The City That Never Sleeps

wow... what a crazy quick weekend trip to NYC!
I had a great time... here is my break down.

Wednesday: Took the Red eye, arrived Thursday morning at 5:30am
Thursday: Headed into the City to our hotel and did a quick change for our tour of The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island... What an experience to stand in that building, the room that you stand in was so sacred... thinking of how many others had passed through the exact spot staring out to the ocean they came from on one side, to the city where they could build their dreams on the other... I was blown away and shed a few tears, cheesy maybe, but I couldn't have been in a cooler place.  Lady Liberty is way way bigger than I thought... just sayin'... here are a few pictures from that day

 view of financial district from Battery Park
 Pretty Lady
 My girls, getting their educational value in :)
 My soul sister, Terri and I
 just me... love this pic. (thx ter)
 view of the city from Liberty Island, 
can you spot the missing twin towers?
 Ellis Island- Main Hall
 stunning right?
 the architecture is incredible
poser.
Thursday PM: We then took a quick cat nap for an hour and headed out for dinner at Ellen's Stardust Diner and taking in some sights at Time Square... the energy their is insane... from the people, the use of energy... all of it was so overwhelming.
 crazy face for our first Subway adventure
 typical
loving the city w/ some d'ettes

Friday:
Was an incredible day... we started out at Rockefeller Center and went all the way to the top and saw the best views of the city... we then headed out to Saint Patrick's Cathedral, The Plaza Hotel, Walked 5th Ave., ate lunch at Sarah Beth's on Central Park, then ventured to Canal Street, boy was that sketchy... everyone should do it once, with a big strong male Fowler family member to usher you around... We took a mini break to change for our theater night and headed out to see Mary Poppins! It was the cutest show I have seen, so funny and very uplifting... we ended the night at Roxy's Delicatessen, had some yummy cheesecake and onion rings... random combo, yes. Also I kinda like the Subway system, it's definitely dirty, but so efficient.
 this is the infamous ice skating rink at the Rock
 Rockefeller
 Radio City, NBC owned this city block
 Libby, Colie, and I at the Top of the Rock
 some of my cute girls
 Terri and I (empire state in the back)
 best view ever. 
 HSM
 Saint Patrick's Cathedral
China Town- Canal Street
Saturday:
Was our competition, I was up the whole night with a migraine... I was lucky enough to have a family in the group that were two priesthood holders for the LDS church who gave me a healing blessing, and honestly I could not have made it through the day without, thank you so much for helping me in that way... sure do love that family... anyway... I had a rough start to the morning, but got there and the girls did great. Their Military that day was flawless and was so great you could feel their love of team coming out when they danced.  We didn't walk away with Grand National Champ but we got 4 1st's and 2 2nd's... which I will take happily! I had to go back to the hotel and sleep off my migraine, so I put my old lady self in bed and didn't go out my last night in the big city, but you do what you gotta do... Sunday we came home after a two and half hour delay. 

I loved visiting the city, I don't know if I could live there... but man what energy... the pace of life is intoxicating, you want to go so fast there. I will visit again I am sure, but I was so happy to return to my Wasatch Mountains and open sky.  Loved the trip, loved the company on the trip even more.

That's all for tonight!

xoxoxoxo,
Kelli

6 comments:

  1. You are awesome with those girls! And I'm super jealous of your trip to the Big City. I gotta get out there!! Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am incredibly jealous. Your girls are amazing. What a way to end an awesome year. I can't wait to see what the next several years of this journey will bring you. I love you KPK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys... I want to go back, when I have more time and not on a red eye flight! It would be so fun to do a girls trip out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures! I love NY. Love theatre, subway,central park, Island, Statue basically just everything there. Great results on comp too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! I wish we could have gone to NY back in the day. Those girls sure are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete