Wednesday, July 20, 2011

thoughts

my friend Brooke wrote on her blog a couple days ago about more or less "keeping up with the jones".  I have had a rough summer...post Cancun anyway.  I am having a hard time keeping things in my life in perspective.  I am letting too many little things dictate my daily routines.  For a while I was who I am, and it didn't really matter to me what people thought... but, for whatever reason those feelings of self-doubt and insecurity have slowly started creeping there way back into my thoughts.  Last week a friends, through my dance world, son passed away...  I told myself to be angry less, to love more, to focus on the big picture... then my husbands Grandmother passed away, and I told myself the very same sentence.  But, for some reason the words sound good going in, but they aren't registering in my soul.  I want to attach them to myself, to become them... but for some reason those silly little things are making me so upset.  I feel like I am walking on the edge of a cliff and the big things have pushed me to stand near to edge, but the little things are making me look down and stumble... where instead I wish I were taking a few steps back, taking a deep breath, and was enjoying the view from the top.  So, I guess what I'm trying to say is: I am going to stop taking things for granted.  Enjoy the relationships I have, be grateful for good friends in my life.  I am going to love more and be more open minded, and I am going to try my very hardest to care less about little things- that really have no significance on my life or my days.  I am going to move forward in my life, instead of stay stagnant and focus on things that are too stubborn to change. I am going to try to become a better version of me.  I guess that is what life is about in most ways... although sometimes I am sure the meaning of life is near the bottom of a Haagen-Dazs Dulche de Leche ice cream half pint.

xoxo,
K

5 comments:

  1. You're so cute Kel, I love your words. I think we all have times just like what you're describing. And you have the perfect attitude towards handling them. Loves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah...life... what an interesting thing it is. keep being kelli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say that 10 times better than I ever could. I think you are pretty perfect, and I look up to you. After writing that post the other day I tried my damnedest to hit my goal but it almost seems impossible. Any ideas how we can really make a change? I would love some suggestions

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Life sure throws plenty of loops. I have a quote on my mirror that says, "In the end, it isn't so much what happens to us, but how we react to what happens to us." Before I fall asleep at night I make myself tell myself three things I loved that day and then how I saw God's hand in my day. It helps me end my day on a good note everyday. :) I love you girl

    ReplyDelete