Wednesday, December 29, 2010

here's to 2010

dear 2010,
well you sure brought me a lot of things I didn't expect.
in January I broke my tailbone and decided once and for all that nursing wasn't for me.
in February I turned 23 and changed my major back to History.
in March husband turned 24 and I got hired to be the Davis drill coach.
in April I took finals as usual and we celebrated Easter in honor of our Savior.
in May I started summer semester and started practice with my team, such a whirlwind of emotions at that time. we also took off to Arizona for a couple days to hang out and play Oz, the penny slots, and sit by the pool.
in June Brandon and I celebrated 3 years of marriage, simply by staying home and enjoying each others company- I think we ordered take-out, it was beautiful. :)
in July I had some time away from my d'ettes and I think I read about 10 books, including the Bronze Horseman, which is one of the best books ever, not to mention The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. we spent the 24th at {S+M Knight's} with lots of people we love.
in August B and I didn't do much, B complained that I didn't have a "real job" and I enjoyed not having a real job. I also dislocated my knee cap... {still have a squirmy ligament sitting on top on my knee cap, feels like an earth worm..}
in September I started back at Weber for fallmester, football season started and my emotions and love for Friday night high school football returned. nothing better than seeing my girls perform under those lights.
in October I studied hard at school and lived at Davis. In the first playoff game my girls danced to Thriller, something that I choreographed with my captain.
in November B worked hard as always and we spend Thanksgiving at {S+M Knight's}. I cleaned and cleaned my girls comp routines and tried my best to mentally prepare myself for my crazy month ahead.
in December I took finals, hosted the Davis Valley Classic, got a cold, hosted the Christmas dance, had a d'ette party, had competition send off, competed at the Jordan Beet Classic with my team{they did amazing} and saw A LOT of family.

I have so many things in my life to be grateful for, granted not a lot of them are "things" but rather people. I don't know where I would be with out the support of a loving husband, a caring mother, a fiercely protective father and my beautiful, talented, and smart sisters. Not to mention my mother and father in-law who offer us endless free meals. This year has been hard, great, trying, exciting, intense, joyful, adventurous, stressful and just about every other emotion. I feel so content in the path that I am on and so excited for what is to come. So 2010, thank you for all of the opportunity you provided me. I look forward to embracing and kicking 2011's ass.

Love You All.

Cheers!!

Xoxox,
Kelli

1 comment:

  1. so awesome kelli. by the way your hair clip that you are wearing in the picture below is so so cute. i really like your hair that color too.

    ReplyDelete